03-29-2011, 08:20 AM   #37
jmflukeiii
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jet Black M3 ZCP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
And that right there is your problem.

It seems to me that, subconsciously, you don't feel like it was wise to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a car that sits in your garage and simply does not get the use it deserves.

It is really about taking a step back and looking at your personal values and line of reasoning with an open mind. I read so many accounts from people on this forum about babying, cherishing, perserving, really almost idolizing their cars as if they are precious heirlooms or some royal treasure. To me, that kind of thinking doesn't really fit with an M3, or any other mass market car, or any typical material possession, really. It leads you down a path of regret and shame.

Just MHO.
Nice response, I completely agree. I bought my M3 knowing that I would be using it constantly and I absolutely love driving it daily. I look forward to my commutes now and often take a longer route home just to enjoy it a little more. However, if I had purchased this car and let it sit in my garage for the most part, I would be disappointed. It would be a waste in my opinion. The m3 is a perfect car to drive around and it will get noticed and looked at, but not like what I would consider a "weekend car" or "garage queen" such as a classic or super car.
2011.5 E92 M3 Jet Black, DCT, Competition, Premium 2, and Convenience Packages, Black Novillo, Enhanced Premium Sound, 15% Tint, Black Kidneys/Reflectors/Gills/Roundels, DINAN Full Exhaust, DINAN Tune.
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Black everything.
Appreciate 0