Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 ZCP, LMB, DCT

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boothguy View Post
I had had a bright(ish) blue car from 2004-8 and was a little reluctant to go there again with the M3. I tried hard to like Silverstone and Melbourne. Really hard. Just couldn't get there because of the odd tones they took on in different lighting. I get that that's what BMW was going for with these colors - uniqueness. But the variations in Melbourne, Silverstone and Interlagos just lost me. I feel like the car in either shade of white looks too hippy - as in overweight. Either of the blacks? I have another black car - and I'm not making that mistake again. And my '08 was Space Gray. Process of elimination leaves Le Mans Blue. I would have preferred to have been really drawn in by Le Mans Blue, but have to tell you that once I saw the color, combined with the Bamboo leather and the Sycamore Anthracite trim, which has a subtle tan fleck which picks up the seat color, I question why I made myself suffer over this choice in the first place. I got LOTS of compliments on it from people who saw it on the street in italy (as in the pic below - me looking smug with my arms folded), and people who saw my ED trip pix. Can't wait to get it back.

Thanks for the nice write up! I feel the exact same way as your write up. I kinda wish LMB was a little darker, or had more dark gray tones in it. But alas, for the sake of something attractive and beautiful on the car, LMB it is.
Appreciate 0