Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by templarklimek View Post
Sigh, the last of a dying breed:

Charge of the light Brigade,
Knights vs. gunpowder
The Alamo

The brave S65 M3. A bold move for M, a hulky V8 snorting and ready to go.. Cut down in it's prime by Orwellian Marxist command economy DIKTATES.
It knows the bell tolls for it, yet it still has a few months left to live. As Davy Crockett said "Damn you all to hell, I'm going to Texas." Our M3 says to "Eco-watermelons" Damn you all to hell I'm going to 8400 RPM'S!

As goes our choices to DECIDE what we want to drive and how much we are willing to pay. So goes our Liberty. We are becoming sheep, bleating for security. The nanny state knows best.

Good night sweet prince, you will be sorely missed.
I fear you're not too far off, my man. I saw a pretty cheesy but entertaining movie on HBO as a kid back in the early '80s starring Lee "Six-Million-Dollar Man" Majors as a former race car driver who rebels against a government that forbids anyone from owning personal transportation, i.e. the automobile. I've thought about that movie a lot recently, and how certain decisions made by politicians of our era and world are to an extent foreshadowed by that forgotten film. (Wow, nice alliteration!)

Here's a plot summary and a link:

Plot Summary for
The Last Chase (1981) More at IMDbPro »

In a future United States, the only transport available to an individual is public transportation. Predicated on an assertion that "the oil has run out", an increasingly totalitarian central government has ordered all personal vehicles be impounded by law. One man, a former race car driver, yearns again for his ability to choose his own roads and destiny. He reassembles his race car hidden from confiscation, and sets out for "Free California" which has broken away from the new regime, aided by a young technically savvy teen who feels alienated from this "social" society. Agents of the new government must stop this man at any cost to destroy the symbology he represents, and the instability that such a desire for personal autonomy could mean to the society. An old Korean War veteran and his F-86 Sabre jet are called into service to chase down this dangerous man, and end his flouting of the will of the state. In the words of one of the government agents, "People going where they want to, where they want to. This could set us back to the 1980s." Written by AGC

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082642/plotsummary

And as for this thread being political--too late. Nov 6 is an incredibly important date. Ayn Rand was prescient--the takers are quickly outnumbering the producers. Much of Romney's "47%" comment was accurate, if not eloquently stated.

Otherwise, just listen to Uncle Barry, Aunt Nancy and Uncle Harry--they know what's best for you. Just take your medicine and go to bed.