06-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #32
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 740i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
Please don't misunderstand. In China, a regular M3 normally is pretty close to that number already. They pay huge luxury import premiums in China.

The question is, would you pay $10-20K more than normal for a special edition?
I know Americans would gladly pay for a legitimate special edition if one was released.
I saw a guy purchase a 1M for $10K over STICKER just to secure one off of a showroom floor.

I think BMW is hesitant with these special editions in the U.S. (similarly to their own German market) because American & German buyers are more discerning about what is really "special." We're not just going to jump at a special "decal" edition, especially if the main thrust of all of these special editions are cosmetic... If all you want is a cosmetic upgrade, you're better off just using the $20K towards personalizing your M through the Individual department.

I would pay extra $10-20k for a truly "Special Edition" car and not just some pos like this one.

Any one of you can duplicate same mods on their M3 for a whole lot less at most local shops in US and call it "Special Edition".
Appreciate 0