View Single Post
      03-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #14
jmflukeiii
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jet Black M3 ZCP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
I'm sorry what? How does an LSD add 50ft lbs of torque?

A centrifugal supercharger is very different than turbos or a roots blower. It builds power gradually as the rpm's rise so it retains the NA aspects that we all love so much about these cars.

Any car for $250k is in a completely different league than an M3. They are not mass produced and lose value tremendously with more than a few hundred miles a year. Not to mention the outrageous maintenance an exotic requires.
They claim an increased 14.9% increase in torque throughout the powerband. I just read over that quickly and didn't stop to think about it.... since its not modifying the actual engine in any way, its just increasing torque it certain parts of the power band where it was previously low? Or is it making more torque available at the wheels? It would be nice if somebody could help clarify that, although I'm sure I'll get a ton of sh** for even asking a question...

And yes, the 250k car comment was a bit out there, but my point being that the cost of this Dinan engine is unjustifiably high in my mind.
2011.5 E92 M3 Jet Black, DCT, Competition, Premium 2, and Convenience Packages, Black Novillo, Enhanced Premium Sound, 15% Tint, Black Kidneys/Reflectors/Gills/Roundels, DINAN Full Exhaust, DINAN Tune.
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Black everything.
Appreciate 0