View Single Post
      12-28-2006, 01:58 PM   #20
sdiver68
Expert Road Racer
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e90, 09 335i e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
I believe you that there are some tuners getting 330 rwhp from their tuned 335's. I would think that the 335 already makes more hp than claimed, therefore the gain is not as dramatic as claimed. I would like to see a comparison; before and after. I would also assume that the new M will have more hp than claimed, so the disparity would not be that close. Unless I am mistaken, there is usually a roughly 15% loss correct?

There becomes a point where performance exponentially rises with cost. To get to 330rwhp may be easy but what does it take to get to 380 rwhp? I would think that you would have to be at least at that level to just match the M's power level. And even at that level, although a beautiful and fast car, the 335 will not likely match the M in any other catagory.
On the same dyno, before and after runs, depending upon the octane tune of the Xede, the cars are making 21-25% more HP and 25-30% more TQ. This is based on multiple installs and testing.

That's stage 0 tune, no exhaust.

So, the 335i + $1300, you'll have less peak HP but much more TQ under the curve assuming the 420/320 rumors are true.

1 more point, the 6MT '07 M5 was detuned by BMW according to Car and Driver's latest review, hope they don't do the same with the upcoming M3!
Appreciate 0