01-16-2014, 03:02 PM   #27
M3-S65
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow M3 View Post
I just did mine but I didn't have to go under the hood. That seems way too much work. I just pried them up from the top, starting at the thin rim part (toward the front) and worked my way back (toward the windshield). There are tabs on windshield side so starting on that end would be too hard and could even break the OEM vent. My hood vents are from AutoTecknic and they don't fit 99%. I'd say 95% but still looks pretty good.

Be careful with taking it off. Like this post ^^^ above states. There are tabs that the OEM vent slides onto (rear portion near windshield). Once you release the "thin part" (either by prying up like post above states or from underneath with a screw driver) you need to wiggle the larger part in a forward motion pulling it away from the windshield DO NOT pull straight up it will break the OEM vent.

When releasing the "thin small part" of the vent I went from underneath and used a screwdriver. The tabs of the OEM vent actually insert into the plastic OEM beehive black vent. If your car is not black (like the plastic bee hive vent ) you will see the OEM vent tabs, as they will be the same color as your car. With a small blade screw driver pry the tabs to release them, very little pressure is needed. Then push each tab up with the screwdriver popping them out. Will make a crack sound when they pop out. Prying from above may damage the clips on the OEM vent and also damage the paint. IMOP.

Last edited by M3-S65; 01-17-2014 at 10:34 AM..
Appreciate 0