03-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #124
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Yeah, for the masses, I definitely see things going increasingly in the direction Ford seems to be headed with their PowerShift marketing:
They really are gearing up to convince buyers this is a very fancy new type of automatic transmission.

For enthusiasts and for marketing of performance related vehicles I could see the term "automatic" perhaps being avoided as much as possible especially in the near term.
Yes interesting. For the low end market sell it as a nice option that normally might cost a few extra pretty pennys. For the performance market avoid past stigmas of the term "automatic" in terms of the 3 gear slush box of yesteryear. No surprise that marketeers will approach the same technology very differently.

A good discussion pretty well winding down. Sorry for boring those not concerned with this. I quite enjoyed the discussion and appreciate keeping it pleasant.

I know I've already said it but I'm super keen to hear what the final M5 tranny will be and how it will perform. However, even more than that I want to know the curb weight of the next F3X 3er as that will tell us a lot about the potential for the next M3 to be lighter (or heavier) than the existing one.

Uil: Any good information or rumors on that from Germany?
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0