06-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #47
e93_ed
Private
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2VNY View Post
Sorry to bring up a old thread but I'm kind of in this dilemma now

I love the m3 but recenty I bought a exige s for track instead of making the m3 abit more track/street, now I don't really like driving the m3 as it's too comfortable and soft feeling. I know there totally different but I guess I do prefer cars to be hard and uncomfortable now my backs been ok

So I was thinking of fitting bucket seats, club sport suspension and better brakes etc on the m3 sooner than planned so I would enjoy it again, however by the time it's done, cost wise its not far too from getting a 997.1 gt3( a year ago I would have definitely modified it but having spent crazy money in the pass I do like the idea of getting cars that only needs a hand ful of things or less now) I'd still keep the rear seats in the m3 so Itd still be practical.

So what I want to know I guess is, will the m3 give the gt3 a run for it's money with the mods on track and will it give that much more raw feel im looking for or will it still be too soft?

I know no one can answer this for me but just a few more opinions on this might help my decision.

Thanks
Btw, it is possible to put rear seats in the back... I think a few people have done it on the 997.1...

I wouldn't mod a M3 to compete with GT3, I would just get a GT3, especially with 997.1 is much more civilized on the streets than the 996
Appreciate 0