View Single Post
      09-06-2008, 11:01 PM   #1
nd54
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RDSport RS 46

Thumbs up RDSport RS 46 M3 - engine rebuild with pictures (for E92 M3)

So my car has been in Southern California for about two months now, and I've decided to do a complete rebuild instead of what was planned earlier. I’ve purchased the complete car package, which includes the 4.6L engine conversion. Similar to their M5 engine rebuild which is 5.6L and rated at 648hp, the engine for this car will produce around 520hp. More importantly, it’s naturally aspirated power keeping with the M philosophy, which is why I oppose forced induction on these cars.

Here are some teaser shots. This isn’t intended to start a tuning war or anything, please keep any negative comments to yourself. Also, if you’re wondering about pricing or availability of parts I’d suggest calling RDSport / Racing Dynamics directly, I don’t want to discuss it publicly. I just thought some fellow M3 owners (and others) would like to see the internals of their car. It actually is very impressive, especially the engine. Every person that has seen the engine has commented on how well designed and built it is. I’ll be posting more pictures as they come.

EDIT: If anyone just wants to see the pictures and summary without going through all of this I've made a new thread-
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248205

Here is a picture of the stock header which is actually really nice, and the pipes have pretty equal lengths.

Last edited by nd54; 04-04-2009 at 08:24 PM..
Appreciate 0