2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiv View Post
Looks like OP was poorly informed.

Secondary cat delete: pointless /money wasted.

Test pipes (primary cat delete): big HP gain and 0 smell if you keep the rest the stock midsection intact = happy driver and happy wife/kids.

So in answer to the original question of "mods that would give me better HP/TQ for the same money":

_Intake
_Pullies
_Test pipes
_Tune

You can do all that for WELL under 3500. I got all Macht Schnell stuff. Soon to get a tune and I couldn't be happier already
Where are the dynos showing that removal of both the primary and secondary cats is pointless and a waste of money because no power is gained over removing just the primary cats?
I think he's saying that the HP gain is from removing the primary cats and that the secondaries don't offer much (if any) gain when removed.

I do disagree with what he said about the smell however. If you remove the primaries it does smell more, no way around that. Stock primaries are 400 cell, and my car smells considerably more even with the 100 cell Akra HFC's.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0