View Single Post
      02-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #3
Daveop
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo View Post
Just felt I had to say something, so here goes.

I have been a member of this forum since early last year and was lurking before joining.

This has been a good community, generally helpful and usually civilized and mature. Obviously there were disagreements and not everyone was enamored of the proactive approach the moderators took, but I was glad to have a well structured place to come visit.

After the merger there seemed to be a few technical glitches, which is to be expected, but the tone seemed to stay somewhat similar, unless you ventured into the OT areas, where it was quite different.

I was sure that the moderators I had come to rely would keep things in check, but now it seems they are all gone: larryn, atr_hugo, ChrisK, mikeo, Surname are all no longer listed as mods, and appear to have left voluntarily due to "Differences".

What does this mean for the forum I have come to know and love? I am not sure, but I will miss those guys and their (sometimes very funny) input. As for myself, I will stick around a while longer (provided this post dosn't get me an infraction or just banned outright) and hope for the best.

Any new moderators will have big shoes to fill.
Oh god not this nonsense again. I was so happy for the last few days because I didn't have to see new threads about how the world was going to end. Everything has seemed the same around here and I'm generally very happy with the site and so no real differences around here. The only new thing I see are posts by 'disgruntled' members who can't actually say why they are disgruntled except that it 'seems' different but no its not different. Sounds like some old guys who are afraid of change?? I think these posts projecting doom and gloom or what could go wrong are a waste of time. Stop wasting time hoping for bad things to happen and go out and drive!

I will be the first one to step up and complain when I see something wrong, but the forum is the exact same and I still enjoy reading the "New Posts" everyday. With that said, I do think this thread should be closed or atleast moved. I wonder if i'm the only one tired of all the whining about nothing.
Appreciate 0