Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
No, but car A did beat car B that's where it ends.

We both make some amazing kits with differnt strong points.
Let's leave it there.
I'm interested in hearing the strong points of each kit.

On a side note, and relevant to the actual topic in discussion - I have heard from two people in hot climates that experienced issues with the ESS kit on the track. I think it was an issue with the rear seal on both cars. They had to fill up the oil consistently after it went south. I guess that's more blower specific considering it's a Vortech unit.

But it's really not surprising to me - Stock M3's will run 300F oil temperatures on the track on a hot day. When I went to the track awhile ago with an E92 and E93 (+ my E90), all three of us were pushing 300F oil temperatures. Considering a supercharger affords 100+ more HP, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the car had overheating issues, considering stock cars have this problem to begin with.

I'm interested in knowing what the IATs would be on the track after hard driving. I would suspect that with the supercharger fitted they would be quite a bit higher than the ambient air, as opposed to an NA car. An upgraded radiator and oil cooler might be the answer to a consistently trackable beast - although I think that even with the M24 that oil temperatures on a supercharged car would still be over 280 during a hard beating. I don't like it when my oil temperature exceeds 240, but it's unreasonable to expect it would stay below that in extreme conditions.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----

Last edited by BPMSport; 09-20-2012 at 09:04 PM..
Appreciate 0