View Single Post
      08-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #41
mitch32
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
If I remember correctly, there was a thread on here where a forum member blew his SC motor and mentioned something about "over-reving", after sending his ECU data to another member on the boards that person was able to find out when that "over-reving" took place. Maybe it didn't say the exact date but it could have been the milage.

Anyway what I'm trying to say is, if you are 100% positive you never did a burn out then I'm pretty sure you can ask for a print out from your dealer to show when the redlining occurred. If it happened before you owned the car I think that could help you.

Also I just can't see how you could redline in the rain at 20km/h without doing something silly, maybe drifting? Donuts? Power sliding? Or just flooring it first gear with TC off? Maybe I'm retarded and not fully understanding what you were trying to say but I just can't see how you would redline at that speed with out breaking traction, especially in the rain.

Hopefully someone who is more knowledgeable ont his stuff can chime in.
M-dynamic I think was on (DSC was off in some capacity, either completely or M-dynamic), the tires did spin but there was no 'burnout'. A burnout usually means smoke and on the brakes a bit to make the tires spin and not gain traction. I don't think this single occurance should have caused my diff to literally fall off 2000km later, I could be wrong but I don't think an m3 is made to be that fragile.
Appreciate 0