View Single Post
      07-21-2009, 11:29 AM   #140
DPR1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Jerez E90 M3

Brandon,

I've had my Angel iBrights installed for about 2 weeks now and they look(ed) amazing. Unfortunately yesterday when I was stuck on the highway (went roughly 1/4mile in 45 minutes) they shut off. First I heard the alert chime and text saying that the left daytime running light was out. So I pulled up close to the car in front of me so I could see the lights reflecting on their rear bumper... sure enough, the left one was out. And then in the time it took me to think "I guess I should find the daytime running light setting in the iDrive menu and turn those off so it doesn't look stupid" (~15 seconds), the chime went off again and said that the right daytime light was dead.

I was hoping that it was just a matter of overheating or something and they would work when I turned the car on this morning, but no such luck. So I checked the fuses, and ended up just pulling the iBrights out and replacing them with the oem bulbs -- so I'm back to having yellow halos. Sigh.

The LEDs looked a little yellow so I'm guessing it's the bulbs themselves that died rather than the ballasts, but I'm not really sure. I'm wondering if I could ship them back down to you to take a look and see if it's something simple?

Cheers,
Ted
Appreciate 0