View Single Post
      08-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #33
MTurhee
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry3 View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't waste your time with BMWNA, like the Arkansas AG and BBB they have no power to compel the dealer to do anything.

Before you get too far into this, you have to realize that you're going to be dealing with Arkansas law and and Arkansas attorney if you press this. It sounds like you got a very good deal on the car, so do you want the dealer to rescind the contract and take the car back? Do you want compensation? If so, you need to get an appraisal from an auto wholesaler who will write you a formal opinion on how much less the car is worth because of the damage (I don't expect your local dealer will do this).

The car obviously looks good, and to some degree the damage may have been accounted for in the price. It's very, very possible pushing this is going to end up with you throwing good money after bad and even more soured on a car you would have otherwise been happy with.

If you don't want the car at this point you can:

1. Drive the car back down there and demand they rescind the contract.

2. Send them an overnight, certified letter explaining how you were defrauded and either ask for their position or demand that they either take the car back or compensate you.

3. Call the local Bar Association in the county where the dealer is located and ask if they have a lawyer referral service. Where I am we have this program and you can get an attorney consult for $50.

I think you can start with any of these, the most important thing is that you put the dealer on notice of the problem immediately if you haven't already. I would be reasonable and avoid lots of threats and hostility to start, give the dealer a chance to make this right and continue to bring pressure if they don't. Whatever you do, don't delay, and keep us posted.
I wanted to Call BMWNA because this dealer is corporate owned. Anyways, I want to find out exactly what happened and what was replaced/repaired. I did some detective work and queried the vin in google and found an online listing of the same car the original owner tried to sell through another person. I got in contact with that person and got the original owner's name and occupation and he said he'd dig through his files and find his number as well. I googled his name and occupation (his name is not an average name) and found his work number. I called his work number and left a message for him. Hopefully he calls me back so I can definitely find out what happened to the car.
Appreciate 0