View Single Post
      05-24-2012, 05:43 AM   #97
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmehta211 View Post
A guy I trained (I'm in medicine) went to Kansas City and bought a house, Range Rover, BMW 5 series and took two nice trips this year, all in his first year of practice. He makes more than me to boot!

NYC is brutal. But i chose this punishment for all the fun it is every day. City tax, expensive apartments, parking that rivals rent payment, and high cost of gas---sigh.

Anyways, interesting thread. Really puts things into perspective for me on cost of living. I hate to say it but I did the math, and I couldn't really feel comfortable buying this car new so I bought a CPO. And I make a pretty damn good income.
Brutal for the cost of living in NYC is an understatement. Think about this:

The cost of an average property in the Tribeca area of NYC is $2.3million. The cost of the average property in Kansas City is $135,000, with the Kansas city property having double the square footage living space, a single garage and land, and the manhattan property having none of these!!!

Of course if you want sushi at 2am in kansas City, you are shit out of luck, and their idea of ethnic food is pizza.

Salaries are higher thre because nobody want to go there. Life is all about supply and demand.