Just_me
Captain
Rep
Drives: RWD

Autocar: C63 vs M3 V8

from a member at mbworld.org:
http://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=213450

---------------------

"There are many other things it does to a level that no other AMG product ever achieved.."

"This car feels far more serious than any previously AMG-fettled C Class; it's wider tracks and completely revised suspension hunker it down to the road surface. And the motor...well, the motor is majestically over-endowed for this application."

"..the C63 is a paradigm shift in direction"

"I can't think of a time when I would state, unequivacally, that a fast C class would have better steering than an M3, but that time has come."

---------------------------------

No link, I typed it out from the magazine.

What slightly worries me, living in the UK with our bad roads, is that the M3 has softer suspension than the C63 with the sport suspension and rides better he says.. and this test was in Germany. The problem is the LSD only comes with the sports pack with the harder suspension. Ideally for the UK I think the LSD and 19inch wheels with the softer suspension would be the best all round package.

By the way, he rates the 7 speed auto highly due to the blips on downshifts etc. He used to long term test the old C55 wagon so he has a good base to compare. The tester also has an M3 on order so no bias either way.
Appreciate 0