08-23-2008, 07:22 AM   #12
Samifumi
Private First Class
Syria
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
Yeah my servicing dealer...not the one I bought from as I got mine overseas thru military sales...they have 3 coupes on the lot, 1 vert, and 1 sedan which have been there oh about 60 days. Their showroom today was quiet as a church mouse. Brand new building too with 50+ service bays....most of the traffic was like me...service and maintenance.

They have a lovely Jerez black coupe for $71k (including a 20" Breyton Spirit wheel package all around which they've added $5k to the price to above for the lucky individual!) Funny thing is; I had the same wheels on my e46 M3 which I traded in 2006 and I could swear I paid only a hair over $2k for the wheels alone. So add a set of Continental or Michelins and what you got maybe $3200 for the lot...+$1800 profit for the dealer. And they wonder why I laugh at them....sometimes.
Holy smokes. They haven't sold that one yet? The Jerez Black coupe with the 20" Breyton wheels in Maryland was on eBay over 3 months ago.

My local dealership has 6 on the lot and isn't close to selling one. They even have the Melbourne Red with Extended Bamboo that all the dealerships received when the M3s were first delivered in the US. I drove it the first day they received it. That was back in March. And they still have the audacity to try to squeeze MSRP out of me on a Jet Black M-DCT that has been sitting on their lot for over 2 months. To each his own I suppose.
Appreciate 0