View Single Post
      03-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #32
NikB316
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition, F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
And this is different than a good ol' powershift in a MT in what way?

Some praise and skepticism along with a request for a better written description of the product and better pictures is not knocking it. No need to get defensive over your choice to have this mod.
Where did I say that its different than a powershift in MT? Just explaining how it can be benefiting my DCT, which you said is impossible. I can only speak from experience with my DCT.

You shouldn't take a reply as being "defensive" - isn't this a discussion board?

Purple,
I understand what you are saying but keep in mind that I am no manufacturer nor did the manufacturer make any claims other than what the actual product is and that it can help with wheel hop. DEFIV didn't mention once to me that the car may feel more planted and stable as it does. Didn't even realize it was a mod that I would be feeling while driving the car throughout and not just launching. I only came to realize this when I picked up the car. The other benefits I am feeling are my own views which are shared by others who have had a chance to experience the product. DEFIV has done work on some very high HP cars and is a small independent shop.

Am I skeptical of manufacturer claims? Sure. There is plenty of BS - and not only from the smaller guys. I bought this based on learning about it from the manufacturer and speaking in depth about it to someone who has had it on their car before mine who's judgement I trust.

I guess the placebo effect has been hitting everyone who has tried it out!

This is just my own personal review. For specific questions you are best contacting Rick at like.defivfab@gmail.com. Hopefully he will be on here sometime to answer your guys questions and have an informative discussion on what I feel is a very beneficial product.

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)

Last edited by NikB316; 03-13-2013 at 05:01 PM..
Appreciate 0