11-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #357
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
None of us buy our M3's as resale investments. I already consider my car worthless on the resale market, but I will admit the "factory" car will hold a better value. However, when you go to sell this factory car -- outside of the show-car and concourse circuits, you're going to have a near-impossible time finding a buyer that will pay a 50% + premium for it. Joe Sixpack has no idea why you're asking $100k on the aftermarket for an M3 -- and he won't care. He'll just say no.
Normally I would agree here but on something with such limited numbers I would think it's resale will be pretty decent once the market returns. Also this caliber of car will always have a buyer that is looking for something that's rare and exclusive. I think in years to come this will be worth a pretty penny.

Another thing, if you regard your M3 as worthless come resale then you have too much disposable income. I always check out the resale value for an escape plan once I get bored, I may have the similar bank balance as yourself but I always keep the spending in check. As my father always said, "look out for the pennies (cents) and the pounds (dollars) will look after themselves.
Appreciate 0