boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
I wasn't talking about him going pro, just as long as he isn't playing college ball anymore.

And a quick disclaimer, I go to FSU, so I am a little biased of course.

Now, he is a good quarterback. Is he great? I don't necessarily think so. Almost all of his running touchdowns are from when the ball is 5-10 yards away from the end zone. He is not an exceptional thrower. Watch video of him, a lot of his passes go into the ground. The good plays when he throws the ball consist of him throwing it up for one of Florida's great receivers to catch (Like what FSU does with Greg Carr) or they are short easy passes.

I'm just sick and tired of hearing about how he is the greatest thing ever. Whenever he does his scream after something happens the announcers pop a boner. How many times did they show/talk about that press conference where he promised no one would try harder than him during the game last night? 5 or 6? It makes for a really shitty game to watch when all the announcer can talk about is how great this guy is.

To me, Florida has a very fast, athletic team and they are good. The fact that they have so many threats (Harvin, Their TE Rodriguez or something like that, and more) is what "makes" Tebow so good. It is hard for a defense to cover all those threats. If they defend against the throw Tebow runs. If they defend against the run it leaves UF's receivers open. That team is perfect for Tebow. I honestly think on any other team he would be a mediocre QB at best.

But on a side note, everyone is talking about what a disappointment Bradford was especially for being the Heisman winner. I think people forget he is only a Sophomore, and last year as a Sophomore when Tebow won the Heisman they got the shit kicked out of them by Michigan of all teams during their bowl game. Bradford will become a very very good QB.
Well I'd agree that Florida is definitely stacked on both sides of the ball which help Tebow.

And about that tebow screaming... well to some its called passion and to others its called arrogance. We both know there's two sides to this...

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0