Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
I think the MDM is very useful at the track. My biggest mistake on the track was going faster than the car is capable of in that particular turn. I would go in hot and exit too strong too early. A lot more fun to drive that way but your time will suffer as a result. What I am trying to say is, if you are getting more wheels spin than the MDM will permit you are actually going to end up going slower around the track.
This is lost on many people. They get upset because DSC is intruding on their fun. However, if it is intruding, most likely it is because you are making mistakes. In my e46, there was only one turn on one track where the DSC actually slowed me down. Typically, any other time it would step in was to tell me I was being too abrupt on corner entry.

This last time at Thunderbolt in the rain, MDM was too intrusive, but that was only because I wanted to have some fun in the rain. If I really wanted to be juvenile, I should have turned it off entirely.

For the most part, the DSC can be a tool to tell you when you are not driving the best that you can.
Appreciate 1