Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
A few comments.
  • If the product can/does eliminate wheel hop it could be a great product. I have had wheel hop on multiple occasions and it does feel like the rear end of the car is falling apart.
  • Pics are terrible and the link to the non M system doesn't help as the systems appear very different.
  • I do not at all buy these overly optimistic (imaginary) reports of all sort of benefits and improvements in feel, more solid, less bounce (sure less wheel hop, maybe).
  • There shouldn't really be any more benefits for a DCT over the 6MT.
  • It simply can not improve any flaws/shortcommings you have found with the DCT. This is in your head OP, sorry.
  • Quotes from the designer of the system need some serious improvement. It sounds like bable/techno babble without really getting to any sort of engineering/technical explanation of the product and what it is actually doing. Too bad VCMperformance had to fill in for the vendor with a reasonable good/simple explanation of what this product actually does.
http://www.defivfabrication.com/

There website is very light on info, but it is the same chassis so the link for the non-m is essentially what it looks like for the M3 just different specs.

I am not sure I buy into the no NVH part as they are replacing the 3 oem rubber diff mounts for solid ones and using a 4th brace all of which will transmit diff noise.

For full result it's probably best to go with just the solid diff mounts and solid subframe bushings..but that is the more costly route
Appreciate 0