footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiver68 View Post
Really, exactly what differences are not mechanical? Style? Nothing tuners won't address if you prefer. Heck, I can already even order a CF "power dome" hood!
But can you buy a CF roof.

Quote:
At Kyalami, South Africa F1 certified track, the 335i Sedan was tested within 1 second lap times of the M3. 1 second. Because this track is at altitude, penalizing the M3 in power more than the 335i thus narrowing the stock-for-stock power gap, I take this to mean all the additional aspects of the M3...wider, better tires, LSD, EDC, M-badge, etc... all added up to 1 second. I also take this to mean that when I add a nice A/M suspension, power upgrades, wheel/tire upgrades, even without the LSD I would expect at least 1 second in improvement.
I reckon you should move to S.Africa, then you will be within a second of an M3 on the track there.

Quote:
Nordschleife times are very HP dependent due to the high speed nature of the track, and of course tires. I'd be willing to bet that an equivalent power/tire/suspended 335i would at least = the M3. We will find out over the next year as track reports come rolling in.
So what about their respective times on Hockenheim, this track isn't a HP dependent and yet the M3 is quick enough to classified as in another class if it was racing cars.

Quote:
I agree, World's best 3 series is a great title to have, because that also implies world's best sport sedan and practical sized coupe.

As far as your "animal" comment, I've been reading that over and over again in the 335i Forced Induction forum...right after someone adds one of the various power options available. I said it after moving to lightweight forged wheels, shedding 44 lbs of unsprung weight in the process. e46 M3 drivers said it to me at the track.
They are different cars and that is why I used to title 'different animal' it was not to play down the 335i's role in the range more so to show that the two cars are competing for different customers. But if you intention would always be to tune the car then any N/A engined car isn't really the best place to start.
Appreciate 0