C|3R1C
So Kewl Guy
Rep
Drives: 2010 E93 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlfbio
I always thought the left lane was for passing, not cruising even 15 over the speed limit. And even worse I if someone is behind you and you choose to impede their progress.

Get in the left lane, make your pass, get out of the lane. When you hit traffic again, repeat. if traffic is dense, you are passing, and you are going fast enough that nobody is close to your tail, fine. But if someone wants to pass faster, get the hell over. Sorry, but seems there were two with poor behavior in this event.
I half agree. The left lane is for passing only on a hwy WITHOUT a speed limit. On a hwy with a speed limit, if you're driving 10-15 more than the speed limit, I think you can cruise in left lane, getting out of the way for a faster car becomes a curtsy but not a mandate. It's different if you're driving at or below the speed limit. I'm not a hypocrite either, if I'm the one driving 90 in a 65 I don't expect the people driving 75-80 to get out of the way for me, I change lanes. My 2C
In California, it is the law to move out of the way of faster vehicles, regardless of speed