01-15-2015, 02:37 PM   #555
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
I go around telling people not to let go of their E9x M3s, but the problem is, people do get bored after owning the same car for a few years. Eventually, I could only tell them that they will miss the car. I made the same mistake myself The best thing about the S65 with MPE is that it sounds absolutely sensational at both the induction and exhaust front. The engine sounds good in a cold start and at any rev. Once past 5k rpm, it turns into such an aggressive and mechanical growl it makes my hair stand in attention. The Speciale unfortunately, is not among Ferrari's best moments when it comes to sound. Many fellow owners have complained about its sound esp those who used to own the Italia. The damn sound from this car is nothing but low bassy crap. U need to rev the crap out of it to get some semblance of that signature Ferrari roar. No F1 scream on this car however hard u try. If u trust Chris Harris, u should hear it from him in his comparison video of the Speciale vs the GT3.

I have driven the F82 M4 and it's an excellent car. Just not exciting in my opinion. Subjectivity is part of what makes this world go round and I respect people's preference for the F8x cars. Some just like to go fast in a straight line while some prefer other things. No absolute right or wrong. Hell, there are even people who "upgrade" to a C2S from an E92 M3 and rave abt the sewing machine note in the C2S. Those I will never understand, but to each its own...As a lifelong fan of all things BMW esp M, I am really looking forward to something new from them that can get me excited all over again and it better not just be a lousy twin turbo drive train. Maybe the i9/i8s might be the car...
So the F8x doesn't handle and brake better? What makes you think people who like the F8x only like strait lines?
Appreciate 0