View Single Post
      12-03-2008, 07:33 AM   #215
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
Well the V8 TT 450+hp X6 M & X5 M are coming to Australia in 2009, I currently also have a TT Diesel X5 Sports with 600nm, this is my third deisel X5 sports and for me its enough power, damn it does over 200kph and weighs 2 & 1/2 ton, but also gets good fuel economy. The brakes & rotors on my current X5 diesel are larger the current V8 model

I just don't see the need for this powerful SUV with a 450+hp V8 TT, they may sell alot but the price of fuel is going to go back up as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow and there not cheap to run. The diesel has more power than the current V8 X5 and gets twice the fuel economy. The V8 TT X5 might be a big seller in the States but not in Australia.

And as for what type of motor will be in the next M3, who knows. I do know that new Audi R8 coming to Australia is going to have the V12 diesel TT option as well as the V10 petrol and there bring in a vert model as well. The V12 diesel is the motor that they raced last year and they say it will have close to 1000nm, who needs a petrol V8 TT, damn that thing will be a monster!

So as far as I am thinking my next sports type car will need to be something new, get away from the square box thinking. BMW put a high revving V8 into the M3, that was different to the last M3 (e46) which in turn was different to the previous M3 before that and they are all quite exciting to drive. I am not sure the next M3 will be exciting to drive if it gets heavier and with more weight in the frontend with a slower revving V8 TT.

Sounds like the M3 is turning into a AMG and loosing it's track car features which I hope does not happen because to me that's not what a M3 is! In that case they may as well put the M3 badge on the 335 TT or 135 TT!

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0