09-15-2009, 08:01 AM   #61
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Standard: Assist, Leather, Sirius, iDrive/No Nav, iPod/USB, MDM, split rear seats in the Sedan

Optional Packages: Track Package (Brembo, Performance Seats, Alcantara interior including headliner, iDrive delete, leather delete, Sirius delete, Stereo level system/HiFi delete, Cup tires in 18" forged wheels, 15hp increase, different front rear bumpers, CF roof in Sedan); if M-DCT is added to the track package include an extra Track Drivelogic setting in both manual and in automatic modes, Luxury Package (Nav, Comfort Access, PDC/Rearview Camera, Homelink), Cold Package

Stand alone options: Brembo, Full Leather (not extended), limited set of Individual options.

Dealer installed retrofits: Nav, Alarm, Brembo, Performance seats with matching leather option or the availability of the OEM hides for custom upholstery.

Raise optional equipment prices 10% to make up for additional standard equipment and cut in 40% the M3 production from now on; the days of talking about 100,000 sales in a model run are over. Two years in a row of M3 sales factory/financing subsidies in the USA are killing the resale value and image as well.

TECHNIC FOR PRESIDENT! Great post!

I like your idea for a track package. How much do you think that would run? From what you listed, probably 10k or more! They could easily get the hp gain with a performance air filter and an ECU remap. The only thing I don't like in your track package is stereo delete...I can't live without one! Maybe a new cardboard lined bootlid too? EDC definitely belongs in this package. It is a pity that this will never happen though. BMW could have pulled this off with the M3 Edition, but they failed. I wonder if we'll ever see a track or competition package M3? Maybe in the last MY?

It would be nice to have an option for privacy glass (tint) in the USA, but not sure whether they could get away with that considering all of the different tint laws.

Also, homelink should be standard equipment. Most M3s have a garage, and this is a simple and easy feature.