05-18-2009, 08:43 AM   #9
E90M3CDFR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 Sportwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
Good advice...I'm staying out of it. I told them to order whatever parts they need and put my car back together so I can pick it up on Monday. And then I'll just make another appointment once they figure out exactly what needs to be done...

Why are these things so difficult for BMW? Shouldn't there be a Bible-like reference material for SAs?
Every now and then I look at the monthly training materials that BMW distributes to their dealers by internet (posted to the same site as the TIS bulletins) and they give me a sense of how narrowly many of the techs seem to view their job, or at least the part where they should be learning about the technology/equipment they work on. BMW tries all of these incentives (like Amex card giveaways) to have the techs report common issues that are cropping up with new models for example. Its a good idea but it tells me that there is an issue -- a divide if you will -- between the techs in the field and the BMW HQs types. That said, I have tried to engage some of the more technically minded BMW Hqs types and they had the same condescending attitude.

How did it turn out with the map update by the way? Did they do it properly (hopefully free)?
Appreciate 0