View Single Post
      04-13-2007, 09:23 AM   #32
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335 cab,C-6 08, 73 911E 59 D,

Coments on a web site

No Harm, I cannot tell if you are 12, 19, or 32 , if you live in Nigeria and got
rich, scamming people ove the Internet or are a latchkey kid with Internet
access whos read way to many magazines. or both.

For the most part trust appropriately, and use your BS Detector,
If Its derrogatory take it off line, Ok once in a while someone so
obnoxious needs bitch-slapped (I digress)

The reason I have the following line :

TELL me what REAL Drivers training you have after besides your State Drivers License ? Think about it ?

I hear drag race and street racing stories here all the time. I watched single parent family lose their mother to one of these idiots, and I have been to too
Many funerals stateside.

I have lived in the Western States, Japan, Italy and Germany I made some stupid mistakes trying to learn to drive on public roads, Caused some havicand nearly killed myself. Now thanks to driving schools and Sports car owning neighbors I learned correctly and safely thanks to PCA, and othe clubs I learned how little I knew. I had the ugliest 510 Datsun that you ever saw, but it could outperform a lot of Prettier cars and I became a better Driver

Drivers training is a gift pass it on

Remember in Germany it cost about $2500 USD to get a drivers license

TELL me what REAL Drivers training you have after besides your State Drivers License ? Think about it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36jakeo View Post
Well stated, guys.

Sorry if the poser comment came off as a personal insult to anyone.

Much like you imagined me as some 19 year old punk (I wish I was still that young), I imagined some of you as guys who tool around at 3000 RPM in their Vert without really experiencing the "M" part of the car.

Glad to see your experience (esp. track experience) proves me wrong.

You do have to thank me for the poser comment, though. It got a real discussion started about the true pros and cons of Verts vs. Hardtops, with a bit of technical stuff mixed in.

I'd be happy to drive with either of you in your M3 Verts anytime . . .
Appreciate 0