View Single Post
      01-06-2010, 08:43 AM   #60
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms21 View Post
Greg - the only test of a DD car is not just how it rides. Take a CaymanS or a 911 out with a client in the car, pick up drycleaning or haul a set of golf clubs and then judge how "daily driveable" it is. I know this first hand as I'm experiencing it right now. I'm not taking a darn thing away from Porsche...they are remarkable cars. They also ride pretty well for a true sports car.....albeit a rougher ride than any E9xM3.

As far as the Panamera goes ---- you can't outrun ugly and that car is outright hideous looking. The new M5 will have it all day long over that car in terms of looks and performance.

I'm not trying to justify anything for my potential purchase of the M3. Look how many damn cars I've had in the past three years. Who knows if this will be "the one" or not. I just know that I liked the comfort combined with performance of the E60M5 I had but hated the SMG and the 10.2mpg I got...was a bit too big as well...I know that I like the tossability of the 997S and the sportscar feel (save for the rattles). I don't think anything past the 993s are beautiful to look at. They're nice but not gorgeous like the 964 and 993s. The fact that I want a trunk, a DCT transmission and a bit more comfort/features (see Sat radio, Bluetooth, Ipod hookup), I think the E92M3 is the best fit out there of combining those two cars. My plan is to pick up a 993 for a weekend car.

It's all good buddy. I know you are more of a Porsche guy than me. While I think they are great cars, I don't get "the charge" out of them that you do. My favorite car I've ever owned is still my old E46M3.
I like that last comment. Glad i'm still enjoy the e46 m3. LOL

what special about the e46 m3 that you still like it?
Appreciate 0