View Single Post
      01-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #50
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
I dont agree. My cayman S was lighter than my Z4M by ~250 lbs, had 19" wheels and rode more comfortable than my Z4M Coupe does on 18s. I think a Cayman S or any 911 besides a GT3/RS/2 are PERFECT daily drivers if youre into driving and having a thrilling experience on the way to/from work, especially if you have some back roads you can carve up on the commute. What Im saying is, considering the immense amount more feel and agility you get with the 911/cayman, the comfort isnt much less than the m3.
I have a friend who is 6'4", and daily drives his cayman S and has never once has anything to complain about. I have also driven the e92 m3 over the same roads as all of my other cars, and I still prefer the most focused and agile ride of a true sports car to it. Again, its TOO SOFT FOR ME and my past cayman S and 911 were not uncomfortable by any means, neither is the current z4mc.
I still to this day feel that if you dont need the space and have the money, the 911 is the ultimate and by far best supercar daily driver. NO other car will combine the performance, comfort and looks and quality like a 911 turbo does. If you do need the space, the panamera lineup has it and makes a mockery of 99.9% of sports GTs or sports cars.
You can justify why you want the e92 m3 scott, but you and I both know youll be bored/tired of it in no time. You can pick up a low milage 2008 m3 for mid 40s right now. They are experiencing some of the worst depreciation rates in the market right now, so at least youre in a good position/time to pick one up.
since you have driven pretty much most porsche, does gt3 or cayman s have body roll some corner on the street? which one has more body roll?

what about the z4m. does it has body roll?

how do they compare to the new m3 in term of body roll?
Appreciate 0