United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVEED3 View Post
This is wierd. I would talk to another Holland dealer or find a BMW representative.

I went through BMW military sales and took Euro delivery of my US spec e36 M3. No changes had to be made before shipping to the US so driving a US car in Germany/Europe made no difference. I don't remember the dealer I took delivery from but I can get that info when I get home from the office. I do remember doing the break-in service at Buchner AG BMW.

If it turns out you can't ship the car over, for some strange reason, I'd sell the current car. Buy a new car while you're in Europe through military sales and you'll probably end up on with extra money. This way you can spec out your car exactly how you want it and even have the military ship over a beater while you wait for the new car to be delivered. Trust me, there's nothing like Euro delivery. Zero miles on the odometer, baby!!

Allen
I agree but if he's NOT military or US gov sponsored contractor then he cannot buy a US spec BMW thru military sales in Germany or elsewhere in Europe. Program doesn't allow it as its run by BMWNA who checks to make sure purchasers are within the strict parameters (i.e. militiary, dept state, govt contractor, etc); I had to submit my orders to get my order accepted and am sure he'd had to do likewise on some official stationary at min. So if he sells his car great but he MAY have issues getting a Euro spec car that won't have to be significantly modified when he brings it back to the US.

But yes a prolonged ED would be the bomb! An any M3 on the autobahn would be heaven!
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0