View Single Post
      08-29-2009, 01:48 AM   #1
EDELWEISS
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 6sp AW FR EDC NAV

TPMS Sucks Caution !

My TPMS system on the M3 is messed !

I have HRE 890R wheels and you cannot get the senors to fit properly to utililize the valve stem on the sensor to inflate the tire with air. You must use a secondary mount inside the wheel in order for it to sit flush. The stem on the sensor cannot be accesed from the out side of the wheel.

The problem I first had was my sensor on a front wheel got knocked off i I assume a pot hole caused this , my wheel shook like it was out off balance , but no TPMS malfunction light . I assumed the sensor was still working.

Second accurance was the rear wheel , I had a rotational noise as if i had a nail in the tire that you could detect only at low speeds, by the time I checked it out I realized the sensor had been knocked off on the inside of the wheel , wheen i pulled back the tire the sensor was in peices destroyed !. I just removed it and never reinstalled a new one , I Never got a TPMS malfunction yet

Last weekend my steering wheel started to shake , i assumed another sensor fell off on the front wheel sensor mounting again because I had the same symptoms as the first time , I was far from home so i continued to drive , when i got to the shop and took off the tire to check the wheel i found the tire was flat and the wheel was slightly bent , I had to replace the tire as it was ruined from the inside and get the wheel straightened . No TPMS error ever!

Im driving now missing two sensors and the light still hast come on

Anyone have any explanation for this ? My light be constantly on.

One time I had a flat tire error , I checked the pressures and all was good , reset idrive and never came back

Spoke to the dealer and they feel it has to do with the aftermarket wheels , but i havnt took it in yet .

Should the dealer if the system is found not to be working reinburse my aftermarket tire at least I know I should have maybe checked my pressure when the wheel started to shake a bit but I was on a Highway close to Whistler Mountain

Anyways any sujjestions or similar experiance would be helpfull .

Cheers