United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBraking View Post
It was YOU! (Maybe?)

I had my transmission in my old 2008 M3 replaced a long time ago. At Pacific BMW in Glendale. This was back in 2009, I think. They told me "yeah, we just had another car in for the same problem...." when I went in.

Currently in a 6MT 2011.5. Couldn't be happier.

Anyways, back on topic. tech drove it, said nothing's wrong. I ask for the shop foreman. Shop foreman drives it with me as a ride along, says nothing's wrong, just slightly stiffer than usual, but every car is different. 1 block away from dealer, he shifts into second. *CRUUUUUUUUUNCH* He goes "well....I now see what you mean by "intermittent". Whole transmission was replaced. You wouldn't believe how much trouble I had getting that thing replaced though.

When I went in though, there was no TSB for this.
Interesting, so there is going to have to be some replication of some sort of issue before they consider it - simple notchiness alone probably won't be enough i'm guessing.

I really don't want to have to replicate anything with them or worse yet, let them replicate it ... "hey, Jimmy. take this M3 out and see if you can get it to grind at high RPMs..." ha! no thanks...

That's why if there is a TSB, I would have a lot less of an uphill battle.

Club 6MT
2008 E92 M3 6MT, AW/Blk Ext., brushed aluminum
2006 E46 M3 ZCP 6MT Carbon blk/blk(sold)
2001 E46 325Xi 5MT Jet Blk/Blk (sold)
Appreciate 0