07-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #63
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTROIS View Post
Sooo happy to read about your experience!! So you have come to discover our roads, hum? This is why I kept my Ducati there... and I really wish I could take my M with me each time I fly back.
I would go back just for the scenery - and that includes the female variety Let alone all the other cool aspects of France.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTROIS View Post
Anyhow, I am always saddened to hear the French haters speak... especially because so many of them probably approached people with some kind of arrogant attitude. On the other side, anybody who at least tries to speak some French (even if it is to say hi and that you can not really speak French) will get an amazing welcome. Before enjoying a nice glass of White wine,
Looking forward to your next posts...
Traveling is all about attitude. I have lived in N America, Asia, Europe. Australasia & Pacific islands so I think I can speak to this. If you make an effort as a visitor - even when an expat - you will receive a very different welcome. I know very little Française except to order in a restaurant & some pleasantries (bonjour, bonssoir etc). But I do make an effort and aside from the occasional snooty waiter - who I expect is like that even to locals unless you are 'known' - I have had good experiences (but watch out for Istanbul cabbies!)

I also need to get my video sorted so I can show the exit from BMW Welt: that exit ramp is a hoot!

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i

Last edited by Voltigeur; 07-05-2009 at 10:41 PM..
Appreciate 0