07-02-2009, 08:48 AM   #61
E90M3CDFR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 Sportwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
When I have some time will post some of the French leg We WILL be going back to Paris & Provence.
Excellent write-up, and looking forward to the French section. Glad that you had a good experience; I think most folks find outside Paris the tempo of life is much more relaxed (don't get me wrong, Paris is great fun too, and if you've lived in NYC in the States, it won't seem too different). Roads everywhere in France are A+. And if you have the "tele-peage" (EZ-Pass) for the toll roads, you can make good time on those as well....

On a somewhat related topic...not a thread jack: I just drove by the new facility that the Paris area's largest BMW dealer just completed, a few kms outside of the city near Versailles. It is almost a mini-BMW Welt. I don't think I have ever seen such a huge BMW dealer anywhere. They have an incredible open bay where customer's will take delivery of their cars and they will also have a small BMW museum. I'll try to get some photos when they do their open house party soon. Would be a good place for future ED'ers needing to have service done in France.

BTW, Voltigeur, that is a great "handle"...
Appreciate 0