View Single Post
      02-11-2014, 09:50 PM   #31
norsairius
Foodie and Gearhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
I think the CLA 45 AMG is a compelling vehicle. I love the looks except for the "melty ass." Looks fine at night with the tail lights, but during the day not so much. Rear end looks okay at best for me. I might warm up to the looks as time goes on.

It's legitimately quick from the factory and I wouldn't make too many negative assumptions about the handling and dynamics. It is an AMG vehicle after all and last I checked, that name hasn't been watered down like Audi has with the "S-Line" or how BMW has begun to put the "M" badge on more things.

That 2.0L turbo from AMG has among the highest specific output for a production I4 motor. Pretty amazing stuff. A good driver should be able to manipulate the front-biased AWD and get it sending power to the rear wheels for more spirited driving with the right throttle/steering inputs, no problem.

I'd honestly have trouble deciding if it were me. It's not exactly what I'll be shopping for when I plan on being in the market again though. I'm looking for a bigger vehicle with more luxury and not a high strung car with a comfort mode setting. It's pretty much between a lease for the F30 335i or the X1 xDrive 35i for me. That's still a while off though.

Last edited by norsairius; 02-11-2014 at 09:56 PM..
Appreciate 0