lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
I'm no expert, but I wonder how aerodynamically sensitive of the step nose compare to typical ones in McLaren. Despite the look, is it to maximize the "efficiency of airflow" from the front to the back?
"A concern for safety is behind the new regulations governing the dimensions of the front of the 2012 cars. Article 3.7.9 of the regulations stipulates, in effect, that no part of the bodywork ahead of the front bulkhead (which protects the driver's feet) shall be more than 55cm higher than the bottom of the chassis. Noses were raised in previous seasons for aerodynamic reasons, to get air flowing under the car in order to create downforce, but on a couple of occasions they were thought to have contributed to the disturbing phenomenon of cars climbing over each other and being launched into the air during certain types of accident. The risk with the new arrangement is that the lower noses may cause a car to dive under the one with which it is having a collision, exposing the driver's head to danger.

McLaren's design is different because their chassis is lower than those of the other teams, designed to create a slightly different aerodynamic effect, meaning that they can avoid the dramatic step between the flat part of the front bodywork extending forward from the cockpit to the front wheels and the nose section, which has to conform to the new rules."

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0