Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
Red face AAAhhh.... that was not a BMW factory belt that broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
Wow Shady, glad you made it back. It's ironic that you've got extra set of belts, but didn't have any with you. But breaking a belt after just 20,000 miles doesn't sound good to me.

Thanks for the pics.

Next time, a meet without rain would be lots better and hope to get even more cars out there.
This was not the BMW OEM factory belt this was the AA pulley belt that I have extra sets of and it only had 2500 miles at the most on that belt. They had a problem with their belts at the beginning around the same time I got my pulley. The bad belts would dry rot, crack and break this was the exact case with this belt. They were not sure if I had one of the bad belts or not. Well this just proved I had a bad belt. I told them to send me 3 sets of the good belts because I know I could not find these belts at a Auto part store or BMW Stealer Ship. I try my best to be a little pro-active and have the right tools and stuff in my car for long road trips I even take a OEM factory wheel with me for a spare along with a jack . I can't help it I am a mechanic and I don't like to break down

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,
Appreciate 0