Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Dealerships would be more than happy to update you, but the cost for this isn't under your maintenance agreement. This means you will be charged for the update.

Unless there is a specific recall/campaign that calls for updating the modules - you'll have to foot the bill. For those with custom programming or profile changes (ie: DVDinMotion, or other convenience mods), these will likely be wiped out depending on the target of the update.
I disagree that they are "more than happy" to update you. Charging five hours labor and telling you that the cost is on you for failed modules doesn't seem too 'happy' to me. I wouldn't take that on provided they can say "Oh sorry, you're out of luck, a module crashed - Oh and by the way, you owe us $400 for the program".

Those of you with coding changes may lose features if you had them previously coded. Those of you getting an update from me will not lose any features.

In programming THE TECH's car yesterday, only the CAS and Navigation were updated from v45.1 to v46.1, so there was minimal loss of features. Just coded his car again after the update for windows up with key, internet access and BMW live, and sent him on his way

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0