03-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #33
WangTa
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E46 m3, Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
The problem is mold. BMWs have had this problem for years with the vents. After a while, when using the AC regularly, the vents begin to smell like your feet. (Not my feet, your smelly bastards)

Not to spook you but, I have yet to find any solution for this once the smell starts. Whether you change the cabin filter or sanitize the vents is only a temporary fix. With my last two cars I have a couple of things I always do to prevent it. 1) leave the re-circulation off; 2) always turn the AC off a ways before I get to my destination and leave the vents going to dry out the AC condenser. That should help
Hah - not my smelly feet. If your care smelled like my smelly feet, you'd be dead!

Just to give everyone an update - I did apply the Klima-Cleaner last weekend, and so far so good. Smell is GONE when I use AC through the front or bottom vents. There is a slight musky smell when I use the defroster - I'm guessing some bacteria is in the front vents that go to the windshield, I may use the second bottle next weekend and try and clean that out. But overall - I have to say I think the product worked very well. And I really do like the smell - it has a nice minty fresh smell that is quite pleasant. The minty smell has weakened over the past week, but there is no bad smell anymore. Hopefully this lasts!
Appreciate 0