View Single Post
      11-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #29
Infuzion
///M Car Pusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 6MT

Just got it installed! It sounds AMAZING! That's all I can truly say. It's a very muscley-sound, but not in a bad way. Bringing it past 5000/5500 RPM and the car brings out this epic tone that sounds super exotic. Nothing else around sounds like it.

Yes it drone at ~2000 RPM. Makes for every launch sounding epic . Aside from that, the tips look astounding. They're 0.5 inches bigger on every tip, which doesn't sound like much but it fills the M3 out nicely without looking like a ridiculous ricer.

I don't have all the pics, but I have the pics of the packaging that it came in. I'll have the shop send me the pics they took, and hopefully I'll be getting around to making a video of it real quick.

The quality of the welds is pretty stunning, considering this thing runs ~$500. Very professional, CNT Racing! I paid for 3-day shipping (CA -> CT) and it arrived in 2 days, so props to them for being prompt about sending it out! It came with all the hardware and was extremely easy to do. Took ~1 hour from start to finish.

Awkward thing I did: The driver's side DOES hang ~0.5 inch lower than the passenger side. We used all the OEM hangers and everything. Our solution? Grab the outer exhaust tips and physically move them rotating clockwise. The centerpiece thing that runs between the mufflers gave a slight bit of flex, without too much metal distortion. It isn't even noticeable, it's only on the bottom-right nut area on that metal piece. Nothing was structurally damaged and it saved me a trip to go to an exhaust shop and having them want to weld everything! They're perfectly even now, and it's amazing!

Shoutout to Mike from TopSpeedLabs (local company near me) for knocking this out quickly and letting me be there to watch/assist! Thanks man!!

Overall: I would give it a 10/10. It sounds amazing, it looks amazing, and it's CHEAP compared to all of the other companies. The quality is comparable to that of RPi and other larger companies. They definitely didn't slack here!

I bought it directly from the CNTRacing.com website, and if you search around there's a 5% off coupon .

Hope this helps anyone with their decision on it, and I'm always open to questions! Will upload more pics/videos soon .

EDIT: Oops, added the wrong links, fixed it sorry!
Appreciate 0