04-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #48
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
Disagree. The Camaro SS is rated at 16/24/19 vs the M3 at 14/20/16, so it's nearly twenty percent more fuel efficient while weighing more than the M3.

For me, technology isn't nearly as important as overall performance, and those GM V8s just plain deliver.

As I've mentioned previously (and pissed people off to no end), if the M3 had the middling LS3 V8 in it (paired with its standard 2.95 first gear six speed), it would outperform the stock M3 while getting better mileage, with overall weight about the same.

I am personally a fan of the S65, but if I could get slightly improved max performance, while getting vastly improved around-town performance, all while getting substantially better mileage, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Bruce
that's true, but that's not to say nobody would prefer the S65. you're looking at #'s on a sheet of paper, and pure power, efficiency / gas mileage, etc. is too one-dimensional. it's the throttle response, flat torque curve, and high revving sound / experience that comes together to make the S65 and the M3 a unique experience to drive. nobody said that's for everybody, and everyone on this board knows its not for you.
Appreciate 0