03-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
ki__
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C 6MT

Garage List
5AM

After my first track day last year at Willow Springs, I could never forget how much fun I had. I have been itching to go again ever since but just haven’t pulled the trigger... Until a couple of weeks ago. My friend called me up and wanted to tackle the track for his first time in his 2007 Carrera 4S. So naturally I said I would go with him...Perfect.

Started to look for events close to a time window he gave me, so I chose this one at Willow Springs for a day at Big Willow. A week before the event, I remember thinking I’ll be on the track the following Saturday... Excited and a bit nervous were just a few of the emotions that I felt. As the week went on, all I could think of was the words “Track...Track... Track... Track...” rolling around inside my mind. The night before came, and I set my alarm.

5AM... Slide the alarm. Met up with my friend around 5:30am at a local coffee shop, and used my trunk for the perfect table to hold a cup of coffee and a blueberry scone. As I was eating.. I couldn’t help but think “I wish his 911 had a massive wing to eat off of...” Well after a small bite, we were off to Willow Springs enjoying the sun rise in the distance.

And we arrive after an hour and 20 minute drive...

Track Day: BMW M3 by kianxvlvm, on Flickr

Track Day: Porsche Carrera 4S by kianxvlvm, on Flickr

Track Day: Porsche Carrera 4S & BMW M3 by kianxvlvm, on Flickr

Appreciate 0