Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
To be honest, I still don't buy how much this link improves rear end stability. Does it make alignment easier? Sure. But the factory link already uses ball joints (not rubber bushings) and uses a very thick piece of aluminium. Just because the OEM part is curved, it does not mean that it flexes a whole lot. Moreover, there are many other bars/joints in the suspension that still uses rubber bushings. I am sure one of the many engineers on this forum can do a quick hand calc of a rectangular curved bar under load.
Yes, the factory link is not a rubber bushing but it does have a rubber cover which probably helps the ends last a lot longer.

It could all be in my head but when I didn't feel the rear end getting light about 2/3 of the way around a right turn onto a state highway. That is very subjective. Unless I mount a camera focused on the OEM link its all guess work. I'm not an engineer but the OEM link is a curved H beam (aluminum??) vrs the Dinan link which is a hollow straight rod. I would guess that the dinan link is stronger? Its not an astounding difference. I lucked out and got this pretty cheap used but never installed. Would my feelings be hurt if I had paid $500+ for it? Maybe. I would think that this piece would be of little value if you already have coilovers and numerous other suspension mods.

I don't think this part will really cut the lap times of a professional but it has, so far, made me feel warmer and fuzzier. I think it will cut lap times for inexperienced, non-professionals like myself.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0