Thread: Odd LTFT Values
View Single Post
      06-08-2014, 08:25 AM   #3
WhatsADSM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

I'm sure it was the LTFT that were way out there. You could see STFT rapidly moving around (near zero) while the LTFT were solid during that time at -30. So the logger seemed to be reading and reporting the correct parameters. Remember that the ecu doesn't have a single LTFT value but rather keeps a table of these values over rpm and load... since it is possible for LTFT to vary a little bit at different operating points. However in most cars, certainly stock ones, the LTFT will change vary slightly across the various operating regions and will almost always be within +-5%.

My only thought is I am using the Torque app (through my Bluetooth adapter) to access the data. Torque will use the standard OBD-II PID for LTFT and STFT. Possibly the standard LTFT PID doesn't map correctly in the MSS60 and therefore the data I'm seeing isn't really what the DME is using in its calculations? I'm stretching a bit as all manufacturers should support it, but its the only explanation I can wrap my head around. At -30% I'm kind of surprised the car doesn't throw a code for overly rich fuel setup as 30% is getting to the edge of what most ecus will correct for.
Appreciate 0