Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Cool F1 Driver Timo Glock Signs with BMW DTM. Gets Introduction at BMW Welt

BIMMERPOST NEWS
F1 Driver Timo Glock Signs with BMW DTM. Gets Introduction at BMW Welt
COMMENTS

Formula 1 driver, 30 year old German Timo Glock, has signed on with reigning DTM champ BMW, as its eighth and final driver for the upcoming 2013 DTM season.

Glock recently left the Marussia Formula 1 team by musual consent. The team cited economic considerations as a key reason behind the split. Glock had competed in 55 Grand Prix for Marussia since the team's debut season in 2010, with a best finish of 12th.

Six years ago, Glock served as a test driver for the BMW Sauber Formula 1 team, so he is no stranger to BMW Motorsports. BMW has not yet announced which of its four DTM teams (Schnitzer, RBM, RMG, or EMTEK) Glock will drive for in 2013.

"It is very exciting for me to drive for BMW again after all these years - and in such a top-class racing series as the DTM," said Glock, to Autosport.

"I had a fantastic time in Formula 1, but am now looking forward to battling for victories again with my old friends at BMW Motorsport. That is the approach I shall be taking to the challenge of the DTM.

"I am obviously aware I will have to adapt to a few areas.

"Not all former Formula 1 drivers have found their feet immediately in the DTM. But I am using precisely that as my motivation."

Timo recently took a tour of BMW Welt, where he had a press conference introducing his signing. Highlights can be seen below.

Appreciate 0