View Single Post
      01-04-2009, 02:53 PM   #26
afederico
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriFix View Post
On a PC. Stick your USB drive into a port, start windows media player, goto settings (tools->options->burn->data discs->add a list of all burned files in this format) and change the default playlist type to .m3u (click OK), click on "library", select "create playlist" on the menu on the left, then just browse the folders on your USB drive and drag files into the "Drag items here" pane on windows media player. When you've finished click on "save playlist". The playlist will be saved to <user name>/Music/Playlists. Go there, find the playlist (make sure it has been saved as a .m3u file) you have created and copy it to the root directory of your USB drive. Done.
Hi, i am having a hard time getting the playlists to show up on my USB stick on my I drive dispay, i have a 2008 M3 with USB.

I followed your instructions on this thread and can see all my music by artist, song, etc... and it looks like i can click on Playlist but when i do nothing shows up. I changed the M3U status as you recommended but not sure how to check it that it was changed and cant seem to view a playlist from Window media player on the USB, but can easily see it on my PC?

Any other advice you could give would be greatly appreciated on how i can accomplish using playlists on the I drive.

Thanks
Appreciate 0